- Jared Leto shouldn’t have played a trans woman in Dallas Buyers Club because he’s not a trans woman.
- Jamie Foxx shouldn’t have played a homeless person in The Soloist because he’s not homeless.
- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson shouldn’t have played a gay man in Be Cool because he’s not a gay man.
- George Clooney shouldn’t have played an astronaut in Gravity (and Solaris) because he’s not an astronaut.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger shouldn’t have played Terminator in Terminator because he’s not a cybernetic warrior from the future.
- I’m pretty sure Brad Pitt isn’t actually a figment of Edward Norton’s imagination.
- STOP ALLOWING ACTORS TO PLAY CHARACTERS THAT AREN’T EXACT REFLECTIONS OF THEMSELVES.
#OK NOW LOOK AT HER FACE #THE WAY SHE SMILES #THAT’S THE SMILE OF A WOMAN WHO’S HAPPY BECAUSE HER TALENT HAS FINALLY BEEN RECOGNISED #A WOMAN WHO’S TIRED OF BEING PRAISED ONLY FOR HER PHYSICAL APPEARANCE #THANK YOU JOE #SERIOUSLY #THE WORLD NEEDS MORE MEN LIKE YOU
You can see her relax the exact moment she realises he’s not going to add “for a woman.”